...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shameless Product Endorsement, Volume 1: Continental Ultra Gatorskins


Everyone's got their opinion when it comes to tires it seems, but I'm just going to throw my $.02 out there:

I love my Continental Ultra Gatorskins.

There, I said it. It's not like I'm getting paid to say it (especially since no one's reading this), and I'm not a huge fan of advertising every brand that's present on your bike setup (like this, or this, etc.), but I feel compelled to tell everyone that these are the best of the "made to be durable" road tires I've ridden.

I used to be absolutely plagued by flats. It's not as if I don't know how to change or patch a tube, and I'm not riding through piles of glass for fun, I just seemed to get waaaaayyy more flats that the average Joe (or Fred, as the case may be). I burned through lots of different tires, until I came upon these hot little numbers.

I've put well over 5,000 miles on one of the pairs I have now, and have only had 2 flats on them. They're wearing, but much more slowly than I would have imagined. I commute every day on Seattle streets, and it's nice to finally have a tire that doesn't make me nervous every time I happen to hit a nasty patch of debris. And, if you're a weight weenie (I'm not), they're only 280g.

I think they only go up to a 700x28C, but if you're in the market for a skinny road tire, pick these up. If you need something larger, I've heard lots of good things about many of the Schwalbe tires.

~D

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know someone read this. . .

    I'm through probably 10 pages of this blog and enjoy it. Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete