...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Friday, October 02, 2009

Busy Bike Weekend

I seem to have lined up a pretty busy, bike-packed weekend for myself.  Of course, there are a million other things that I probably need to do this weekend, but dammit, I'm going to have fun instead.

Saturday:

  • Crosstoberfest 2009 at North SeaTac Park.  Even though I failed to organize a 3-person team for the much anticipated costume relay race, this should be a good time.  I guess too many of my cycling friends were either out of town or "busy".  Hmmmm.  I'll be doing the Cat 4 race, hopefully saving enough energy to do reasonably well in Sunday's race.  I'm going to throw my 'cross bike on the light rail that goes right by my house, and then bike about 1.5 miles to the park.  Hopefully I don't bring too much mud back with me on the return trip!
Sunday:
  • Starbucks Gran Prix at Lake Sammamish State Park.  This is the 3rd MFG series race of the year, and  I'm really excited to get back out there and help out my overall series standings (I'm currently tied for 23rd overall).  Plus, I hear there's going to be a stretch of beach on the course, complete with deep sand.  Should be interesting to say the least.  
  • Wheelbuilding class #1 at Wright Brothers Cycleworks.  I've always thought that wheelbuilding and truing was something of a black art among bike maintenance tasks.  Many people have told me that it's not as hard as it looks, etc. etc, but I'm still convinced that there's some sort of magic involved in producing a perfectly trued and tensioned bike wheel.  We'll see how it shapes up.  I'm going to build a nice wheelset with 32 hole Open Pros, laced 3x to some 105 hubs.
Can't wait to get started.  Now all I have to do is kill a few more Friday afternoon hours at the office.

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment