...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How about that weather we're having?

Despite my earlier assertion that summer has ended, I think it really sunk in this week that we Seattleites are teetering on the brink of the never-ending streak of grayness and constant rain known as fall/winter/early spring.

Riding to work this morning in the pouring rain, I thought "oooohhhh yyyeeeaaaahhhhh, I remember this...".  It's strange to think that I'll be spending many, many more mornings, afternoons, and evenings riding in the rain in the coming months, trying to keep my socks dry and my glasses de-fogged.

I've begun the process of scrounging up my mudflaps, shoe covers, long-sleeved jerseys and all the other miscellaneous bike stuff that I was able to stash away for the last few months.  Luckily I don't get cold easily, I have good gear (including what I consider to be one of the best battery-powered light systems out there), and a desire to ride my bike that usually trumps the shitty weather.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, check out the forecast I got on my phone today:




Should make for a nice, sloppy 'cross course come this weekend. 

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment