...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

A quick trip to Three Tree Point, plus SNOW!?!

Last weekend, I took a ride out to Three Tree Point, down in Burien.  If you're not sure where that is.....it's here.  There are some great hills along the way down there from my 'hood, and by great, I mean steep and/or long.  I wasn't planning on being out for too long, so I figured I'd make the hours count, and work on my climbing.

It was another cold ride, but the sun peeked out occasionally:


If you look closely, you can see a couple of snowflakes that fell during the ride.  The only way I could get them to show up was to take a picture against the black of my pants.


Obligatory vanity bike shot:



This spot is actually on the tip of Three Tree Point, and it makes a great place to stop and take a break.  It's on the Sound, literally 10 feet from the water, and it's nestled at the foot of a big hill that leads back up into Burien.



I'm always looking for variety in my rides, and when I got bored with the same old routes, I like to head down south to see something different. The area near Three Tree Point is a great place to ride, and scenic to boot.  As long as you avoid Ambaum Boulevard, which is a busy main road, the roads aren't too heavily trafficked to make things feel dangerous.

~D

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic spot. We worked it in to our Summer Populaire last year. We didn't get out to the very tip there, but around the basic area. If you want to string together some rough hills, give this route a shot.

    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=60103

    We were forced to miss a couple that I wanted to do in the area due to some rules, but there are a couple of killer climbs in there. West Seattle and Burien are completely underrated areas to ride in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've ridden the Burien and W. Seattle areas on that route, but I've never made it down into the Federal Way/Dash Point parts. I'll have to check that out soon.

    I'm riding my first Permanent on the 18th, and I plan to do plenty of brevets this year. Maybe I'll see you out on the road...

    ~D

    ReplyDelete