...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Back from the dead

Last night I finished overhauling my singlespeed, which had been left for dead after a season of commuting, and a couple of particularly muddy cyclocross races.  I installed a beat-up old Blackburn rear rack that G found laying out in the middle of the street, and a little smaller chainring, to make hauling all my crap up the Seattle hills a bit easier.  I had a set of 32c tires I wanted to throw on it, but one of them has a hole in the sidewall, and I have to decide what I want to do with it.  Anyone know if this sort of thing actually works?



It feels really good to get back on the singlespeed.  I'd almost forgotten how fun it is to ride this way.
Since the weather was unseasonably nice today, I took it up to Little Saigon for a lunchtime bahn mi run.  Awesome.

It's good to have this bike back in working order.
~D

No comments:

Post a Comment