...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Pedals 2 People

You might have noticed that I haven't posted in a bit.  I have a good excuse lined up for that:  The holidays were upon us, and then I rang in the new year by getting sick.  Sick enough that I haven't been on the bike much lately.  Accordingly, my next few posts will probably have nothing to do with actual rides, since I haven't taken any lately beyond commuting.

End of disclaimer.  Now, on to the real topic of this post: 




I spent some of the the holidays back in the motherland, otherwise known as Spokane.  While I was there, I got to meet John of Cycling Spokane fame, and the band of self-described "bike geeks" that he hangs with.  They were a great group of folks, and I got to enjoy some delicious beers and nerd out a bit over bike stuff with some of them.

I came into contact with John (besides being a long-time reader of his blog), because I've been helping out a little bit with some web stuff for Pedals 2 People, a bicycle advocacy non-profit that he's involved with.  They offer repair classes, a DIY community bike shop/work space, and they sell used/refurbished parts and bikes, in addition to running other cool programs.  At any rate, it's great to see that Spokane has a healthy contingent of people who are interested in encouraging the city and its citizens to get behind cycling.

If you're ever in Spokane, you should drop by their brand new dedicated space, at 1802 E. Sprague.  As John says, "Come down and rent a stand, hang out, buy some used stuff, say hi."

Hope everyone reading this is riding more than I have been,

~D


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props Dylan. And thanks for your help on our site. We're so thankful and grateful. But most importantly, thanks for introducing me to Wiesen Edel-Weisse. Damn that's tastey beer.

    ReplyDelete