...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Best commute home ever

Welllllll,  maybe not EVER, but certainly the best in a long while.  Certainly better than one of my other recent commutes.  Let me break it down for you:
  • It was warm.  Like no-gloves riding warm.  I think that might be the first no-gloves commute I've made all year.  I could have gone with short-sleeves had I brought some, which is pretty exciting.  Spring is here, and all that.
  • As I was riding through the park near my house, I noticed a guy sitting on a park bench with his dog.  The dog was not on a leash.  Of course, the dog chases after me as I ride by, since dogs have some innate bike-chasing gene in their DNA.  The guy yells "HEY DYLAN!!!!  GET OVER HERE!!!   NOW!!!!".  I do a double-take, maybe even a triple-take, and before I can figure out what's going on, I realize he's talking to the dog.  The DOG, fer cryin' out loud!  I'm not sure why seeing a dog with my name is awesome, but it is.
  • In the same park, not 5 minutes later, a group of young kids (they're maybe 6 or 7 years old) is kicking a soccer ball around.  I ride by, and one of them yells "HEY MAN, NICE BEARD.........AND NICE BIKE TOO!".  He wasn't even being sarcastic.  It's good to see that the young ones can appreciate a good bicycle and a gnarly tuft of facial hair.  Young lad, you're both a gentleman and a scholar, and believe me, with an outlook like that, you'll go far in life.
Sorry I don't have pictures to prove any of this.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

~D

1 comment:

  1. I ride my bike to work. It’s a long way, so every day I have some new experiences in my commute. It's more exciting than being in a car!

    ReplyDelete