...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sometimes I take shorter rides too...

If you're reading this in Seattle, you already know how nice the weather was on Sunday.  We Seattleites have to take advantage of those 58 clear days per year to get outside and enjoy them (at least, that's how I justified it to myself, instead of doing yardwork).

Grace and I took a ride around the south end, hitting up some of the more scenic spots in the area.  One of the many things I love about living here is that you can ride around (or walk, or stumble, whatever) all day and still be near an amazing body of water.  How many other big cities can claim that? (I'm looking at you, Portland)  Yep, the scenery doesn't lie.

Grace's Hillborne, looking fantastic on the shores of Puget Sound:

and then later, climing the ridiculously steep Shorewood Drive, near Burien:

Mt. Rainier, looking like the badass that it is, off of 3 Tree Point:

We capped off the afternoon with lunch at the edge of the runway at Boeing Field, from the nearby Japanese market:

Nice day, nice ride, nice company, and MUCH better than yardwork.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, you've got a very interesting blog here and you should get your fans to nominate you for Crank - World Cycling Blog Honors. Check it out at http://cranklisted.com.


    Darryl

    ReplyDelete