...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

SSCXWC returns: Seattle 2010

(image courtesy of sscxwc)

Just registered for the madness that is SSCXWC.  Actually, I registered at 12:01 AM last night (yeah, I'm that excited about it okay?)  Handmade numbers from Dank Bags go to the first 50, and if I get my choice, you know I'm going for 666.

Registration is still open, and if you're on the fence, ask yourself these simple questions:

  • Do you live in/near Seattle?
  • Do you own a bike (or can you steal one from a friend) that'll fit some cyclocross tires? 
  • Do you like mud? And beer? And bike-related mayhem?
If you find yourself nodding away, then sign up immediately.  Last year was a blast, and there's no way that this year could be any less awesome.


4 comments:

  1. I was on the fence until I read this. Your practical checklist was very helpful. Now I just need to pull together a single speed cross bike before October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of service! After I saw you at the kick-off party a while back I was curious if you were going to give CX a shot.

    Bike-wise, I've got a couple friends that are in the same boat. As long as your bike can fit the necessary tires, you're in luck. You can always hack the single-speed conversion part.

    See you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already got two seasons of geared cross racing under my belt (the mid-pack, cat-4 variety). I've just never done it singlespeed. If it comes down to it I'll convert my Raleigh into SS, but it'd be a huge pain in the ass to then immediately build it back up again with gears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Mid-pack, Cat 4: that's how I roll too.

    I know what you mean about swapping your bike around. Luckily my beater SS commuter fits CX tires and has cantis.

    ReplyDelete