...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fat Bald Men

I saw this video after Stevil Kinevil posted it on his fantastic blog, All Hail The Black Market.  If you didn't already see it there, I'd urge you to watch it now.  It's not some 3 minute YouTube clip, it's a full-length documentary, and it's worth every minute.

Just like every other kid that grew up in the 80s, I rode a BMX bike back in the day, but I was never very good.  Actually, I was never ANY good, but I had some friends who could seriously tear shit up.  Seeing this movie takes me back, when the order of the day would be to ride around and hit the best jumps we could find in the neighborhoods and alleyways of Spokane.  Honestly though, it also just made me want to chug a beer, light some shit on fire, and rip it up with some friends.

I've recommended this movie to some of my non-bikey friends, because it's as much about punk rock and the DIY mindset as is it about BMX bikes.  If you look hard enough, you'll even find messages about the decline of American manufacturing, life in the small towns of the Midwest, and even the virtues of lifelong friendship.  In other words, it's a compelling movie that's worth your hour and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment