...this is the kind of stuff I'd post on it.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

All packed for Paris


Hopefully this mean looking tiger will be able to protect my bike from over-zealous baggage handlers all the way to Paris.

Apologies for the lack of blog updates in......like forever.  My current excuse is that I've been working like mad to prepare for PBP.  I leave in about 45 minutes, so it seemed like as good a time as any to throw this up on the internets.

If you're at all interested in following my progress during the brevet, you can visit this site and enter my frame number (4499).  I'm starting the ride sometime between 6:00PM and 9:00PM on Sunday, August 21st (Paris time).  If all things go according to plan, I should roll across the finish sometime under 90 hours from then.

It's been a long, long process of training, planning, ticket-buying, and packing to get to this point, but I'm ecstatic at having the opportunity to do this ride.  I remember years ago, reading about PBP and BMB for the first time, thinking "Holy shit, that's insane!", while simultaneously filing away the idea of attempting it in the back of my brain.

Fast forward a few years, a few bikes, and many thousands of kilometers later, and here I am.  A big bike box and a suitcase in front of me, nothing left to do now but ride.

I think I hear my ride outside.......to Paris!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Very proud of you man. Slow and steady finishes the race, that's what I always say.

    ReplyDelete